Consulting Services: Consultancy to conduct Continental Mapping of Climate Change Initiative in Africa
Name of project: CAADP-XP4
Activity Ref No: CAADP-XP4 Output 2/ Activity 2.1 / 2020
Procurement Ref: FARA/CAADP-XP4/CS/IC/2020/04
Date Published: Wednesday, May 6, 2020
- The Science for African Agriculture (S4AC) Consortium comprising AFAAS, ASARECA, CCARDESA, CORAF and FARA, has secured resources from the European Union (EU) under the Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA) initiative to implement a 4-year project in Africa. The overall budget available to the S4AC consortium under this project is €30 million. This project, called CAADP Ex-Pillar 4 (CAADP-XP4) project will link research and innovation with development initiatives to boost the transformation of innovation in agriculture and food systems to make them more resilient to climate change and better responsive to development demands. Its objective is to enable agricultural research and innovation, including extension services, to contribute effectively to food and nutrition security, economic development and climate mitigation in Africa.
- The overall objective of the CAADP-XP4 is to increase the contribution of Africa’s regional and country level agriculture and food innovation systems towards the achievement of climate relevant and sustainable transformation of the continent’s agriculture and food systems.
- This call for expression of interest is to facilitate the engagement a suitable consultant to work with FARA staff to generate comprehensive information on the state of climate change preparedness in African countries.
- The Consultant will inter alia carry out the following functions;
- Design the data collection instrument for use at the country level to collect all needed information that will make a comprehensive mapping of the climate change action in the last 10 years for collation at the country and at sub-regional level.
- Support the design of ToR for the engagement of suitable consultant at the SRO level to carry out of the country studies.
- Collate the information from the different SROs and by implication the countries to form the continental reports.
- Work with an ICT expert [ consultant] to develop the continental map of climate change initiative with digital strings and geographical referencing- This will be an online repository for update and real time information.
- Support FARA 2IPs Lead Specialist to organize the continental climate change conference in alignment with key continental and global organization. (a). Facilitate discussion at the conference and collate report, (b). Prepare the report and package the information in a publishable form.
- Produce a documentation on the future of climate change with needed action based on smart analysis.
- Develop coherent policy briefs suitable for continental use through the SRO reports as well as at the country studies.
- The Executive Director of FARA invites interested consultants to provide an Expression of Interest no longer than 5 pages, outlining proposed methodologies, references related to the execution of similar contracts, experience in similar areas or evidence of knowledge and/or involvement in climate change, and a proposed timeline.
- The consultant is expected to deliver on this consultancy within 40 man-days spread over a maximum of 6 months.
- The consultant will be selected based on procedures defined in the Procurement Guidelines of FARA.
- Interested consultants can obtain supplementary information and reference documents from the Director of Research and Innovation, Dr. Irene Annor-Frempong [email@example.com] and or the Lead Specialist on Innovation Systems and Partnerships, Fatunbi Oluwole [firstname.lastname@example.org], during the following hours: 9:00 to 15:00 GMT, Monday to Friday.
Please download the Terms of Reference below for further information on this opportunity.
- Expressions of Interest should be submitted electronically to [email@example.com] and addressed to Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director of FARA, 12 Anmeda Street, Roman Ridge, Accra, Ghana, no later than Wednesday, 20th May, 2020, at 14h00 GMT. Tel: +233 302 772823/744888
FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Recruitment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability or health status.
Executive Director of FARA