|Consulting Services:||Engagement of a firm to facilitate the recruitment of the next Executive Director of FARA|
|Organisation:||Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA)|
|Date:||Thursday, January 27, 2022|
- The Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) invites interested and eligible firms to indicate their interest in the following assignment: Facilitate the recruitment of the next Executive Director of FARA.
- The Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) is an apex organization forming and bringing together coalitions of major stakeholders in agricultural research for development (AR4D) in Africa. It is the technical arm of the African Union with the mandate of developing and coordinating Agricultural Research for Development in FARA serves as the entry point for agricultural research initiatives in Africa designed to have a continental reach or a sub-continental reach spanning more than one sub-region. Headquartered in Accra, Ghana, FARA has been in existence since the late 1990s. Over this period, FARA has provided a continental forum for stakeholders in AR4D to shape the vision and agenda for this sub-sector, and to mobilize themselves to respond to key continent-wide development frameworks, notably the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP).
- FARA Management Board has authorised the recruitment process of a new Executive Director. This will involve engaging an Independent Recruitment Firm to assist the Board’s Recruitment Advisory Committee (RAC) throughout the process.
- The services and activities to be provided under the assignment are as follows; Under the supervision of the RAC, the Independent Recruitment Firm will:
- Develop a workplan for the recruitment process covering planning, recruitment, and candidate assessment,
- Develop a vacancy announcement based on an available draft and ensure that the selection criteria are properly
- Develop and launch the vacancy advertisement in the appropriate
- Receive applications, act as the contact point for those seeking information and/or proposing candidates and communicate with applicants where and when
- Conduct an executive search for candidates, using networks, rosters, referrals, and other appropriate means, whilst striving for regional and gender balance in the selection
- Screen the applications and establish a long list of candidates (approximately 12)
- In consultation and in compliance with a process agreed upon with the RAC, including remaking reference to background checks, establish a short list of candidates (approximately 6).
- Assist the RAC in establishing the final list of three candidates, interviewing them, and preparing a detailed final report that will be presented to the Board for decision-making.
- Provide advice on successful onboarding of the new Executive
- Prepare a final report and closure of the recruitment
- FARA invites Recruitment Firms to indicate their interest in providing the above service. The selection criteria for the Recruitment Firm should include (i) at least 10 years’ demonstrated experience in conducting executive recruitments for International Agencies, Development Organizations, and International NGOs in Africa, (ii) The firm should demonstrate evidence of completion of at least three (3) assignments of recruitment of Chief Executives in the last seven (7) years with evidence of excellent performance of selected candidates. Interested Firms shall provide information on their qualifications and experience demonstrating their ability to provide the services (supporting documentation, reference for similar services, experience in comparable assignments, availability, and CVs of qualified staff, etc). Interested Firms should provide a detailed financial proposal with budget lines and resources for activities to be performed.
- The eligibility criteria, the establishment of a shortlist and the selection procedure shall conform with the Procurement Guidelines of FARA for the Recruitment of Consultants. Please, note that interest expressed by a Recruitment Firm does not imply any obligation on the part of FARA to include it in the
- The estimated duration of services shall be for a period of 18-man days spread over the period March 2022 to December 2022.
- Interested firms may obtain further information from the HR and Administration Manager, Ms Ama Pokuah Asenso [firstname.lastname@example.org], and copy the Procurement Expert, Callistus Achaab [email@example.com], during the following hours: 9h00 to 15h00 GMT.
Please download the Terms of Reference below for further information on this opportunity.
- Expressions of Interest should be submitted electronically to [firstname.lastname@example.org] and addressed to Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director of FARA, No 9 Flower Avenue, New Achimota, Mile 7, Accra, Ghana, no later than Thursday, 17th February, 2022, at 14h00 GMT. Tel: +233 302 772823/744888.
FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Recruitment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability or health status.
Executive Director of FARA