FARA Board Assessment And Scoring Forms Form 1: Self Assessment of the Full FARA Board Score your assessment of each criteria by selecting any of the options provided Instructions: CRITERIA RATING REMARKS
1. All Board Directors regularly participate in all board meetings and attend throughout the full duration of meetings
2. The Board has adequate and safeguard for mitigating risks including those arising from conflict of interest.
3. Board Directors make the best use of their time by
3.1 Being punctual for meeting sessions
3.2 Focussing on the most important issues
3.3 Balancing presentation and discussion time
3.4 Engaging at an oversight level not management / operational level
4. Board Directors are well acquainted with FARA, i.e. they:
4.1 Understand its values, mandate and strategic direction
4.2 Are sufficiently informed about issues concerning FARA
4.3 Maintain good lines of communication with their constituencies regarding FARA business
5. Board meetings are conducted in an atmosphere that encourages diversity of opinions and all Board members participate effectively and objectively in discussions and decision making.
6. The Board works constructively with the Secretariat’s management to support and critique it in order to assure high performance.
7. Board committees give sufficient attention and guidance on issues delegated to them.
8. The Board has the right mix of competencies, perspectives, representation and diversity.
9. The Board has adequate mechanisms for monitoring and evaluating FARA’s performance against its key performance indicators.
10. The Board makes adequate use of its self-evaluation.
TOTAL SCORE (Max - 75 ) Suggestion/s for Change or Improvement: *
Completed assessment forms should be submitted to the Chairperson of the Nominations and Governance Committee after completion.