Form 2: Assessment of the FARA Chairperson by the Full Board CRITERIA RATING Remarks
1. Conducts Board meetings professionally, fairly and efficiently and ensures clarity of Board decision-making.
2. Ensures board decisions are implemented properly.
3. Has a positive working relationship with Board Directors and effectively harnesses their collective competencies, social capital and perspectives.
4. Enhances the public image of FARA and is an effective spokesperson for FARA.
5. Effectively sets performance goals for the Executive Director, monitors and evaluates his/her performance in coordination with Executive Committee of the Board.
6. Dedicates sufficient time to the Chair’s role; is available and makes contact with Directors outside meetings, where necessary.
7. Ensures the Board deals with the right matters and differentiates between management and governance functions and refers operational issues to management
8. Leads an effective process for selection of new Directors and their induction as part of the Board’s development.
9. Is perceived to maintain a positive working relationship with the Executive Director and effectively performs the role of serving as the link between the Board and the Secretariat.
10. Leads an effective process of performance evaluation and learning by the Board aimed at continuously improving performance.
TOTAL SCORE (MAX-50)
EX: Excellent G: Good S: Satisfactory US: Unsatisfactory UA: Unacceptable
Suggestion/s for Change or Improvement: *
Suggestion/s for Change or Improvement:
Completed assessment forms should be submitted to the Chairperson of the Nominations and Governance Committee after completion.