The AASW and FARA General Assembly is the principal forum for all stakeholders in African agriculture science, technology and innovation to take stock of their collective achievements over the past three years and craft a common agenda along with modalities for achieving their collective targets over the next three years.
You are invited to the 7th AASW and FARA General Assembly which will take place in Kigali, Rwanda, 13-16 June 2016.
FARA is co-organizing this event jointly with:
1. Sub-regional Agricultural Research Organisations: (ASARECA, CCARDESA & CORAF/WECARD)
2. African Union Commission and NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
3. CGIAR centres (AfricaRice, IITA, ILRI, IFPRI, ICRISAT, ICRAF, CIAT)
4. Education networks (ANAFE, RUFORUM, AAU)
5. Continental AR&D organisations (AFAAS, AGRA, PAFO, AAIN and AATF)
6. The Technical Centre for Agriculture and Rural Cooperation (CTA), FAO, the Global Forum on Agricultural Research (GFAR) and the Global Forum for Innovations in Agriculture.
The event will focus on the operationalization of the Science Agenda for Agriculture in Africa at country level. Thus its overall theme is “Apply Science, Impact Livelihoods”. The content will be organized around the following five sub-themes:
1. Institutional systems and policies for making science work for African agriculture
2. Sustainable productivity growth, value chains and profitable agribusinesses
3. Human capital development and the Youth
4. Sustainable financing of Science, Technology and Innovation for African agriculture
5. Megatrends in African Agriculture
The event will feature distinguished keynote speakers, plenary sessions, an exhibition / trade fair, parallel side meetings, the Rwanda day (when the host country will showcase its achievements in agricultural research and innovation) and a business session of the FARA General Assembly.
For more information visit: http://faraafrica.org/aasw7/