The General Assembly of ProIntensAfrica program was held on the 22nd of April 2014 at the Secretariat of the Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) in Accra. The high point of the general Assembly was the endorsement of the projects consortium agreement.
The project consortium comprised of 23 Agricultural research and development organizations drawn from Europe and Africa that has agreed on carrying out different activities to develop a partnership program towards agricultural intensification in Africa. The Consortium Agreement is the instrument that gives legal backing to the partnership arrangement within the program. And it represents a significant milestone in the history of ProIntensAfrica. It also paves the way for the implementation of the program activities. The Executive Director of FARA, Dr Yemi Akinbamijo, Dr. Patrick Caron and Dr Martin Kropff signed the Consortium Agreement in the presence of the other Consortium members present.
The program involves agriculture modernization, sustainability of food production and increase in output to meet the growing needs of people in the two continents.
It also seeks to improve the livelihoods of people in agricultural value chains while helping remove the barrier to achieving food security in Africa.
ProIntensAfrica is financed by the European Union (EU) and coordinated by the Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) in Africa and Wagenigen University and Research Institute in Europe.
– Launching of a New Initiative Aimed at Exploring African Opportunities for Sustainable Food Systems
– Ghana Minister of Environment and Innovation formerly launched the ProIntensAfrica
– New initiative explores African opportunities for sustainable food systems
– A strong case made for agriculture intensification in Africa
– Participants at ProIntensAfrica meeting discuss the relevance of the Science Agenda for Agriculture in Africa
JOINT Press Release: Accra, Ghana, November 14, 2018