The Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa
VACANCY Announcement: KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT & TAAT OUTREACH OFFICER: Ref: FARA/AfDB/TAAT/CDTO Outreach/2018/06
FARA is the continental apex body for agricultural research and innovation in Africa. Its mission is to contribute to generating high, broad-based and sustainable agricultural growth by catalyzing improvements to the productivity and competitiveness of the sector through increased and effective application of Science, Technology and Innovation (STI). FARA executes its mission by performing the following four functions: (i) advocacy for increased application of STI in agriculture which is a necessary condition for achieving national and continental development goals; (ii) strengthening the human, institutional and systemic capacities for agricultural innovation; (iii) facilitating the exchange of information and knowledge in STI for agriculture; and (iv) facilitating partnerships among research, innovation and agribusiness actors within Africa as well as between Africa and external regional or national entities. The Secretariat of FARA is based in Accra, Ghana. FARA is serving as one of the Implementing centers of the Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) project supported by the African Development Bank
Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) supports Feed Africa by providing needed, proven agricultural and food processing technologies and implementation strategies for inclusion within the Bank’s loans to Regional Member Countries. TAAT’s approaches revitalize and transform agriculture within the shortest possible time while restoring degraded land and maintaining or strengthening the ecosystems that underpin agriculture, while modernizing and more fully commercializing agriculture. FARA has been mandated to coordinate capacity development technology Outreach (CDTO) within TAAT.
To coordinate the activities driven by FARA under TAAT, FARA is seeking to recruit a highly qualified professional to fill the position of Knowledge Management & TAAT Outreach Officer
Reporting to the Director Research and Innovation, the successful candidate shall inter-alia undertake the following roles and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an outreach strategy and plan
- In close collaboration with all partners, develop and coordinate technology outreach activities/campaigns for TAAT programs
- Contribute to communications, outreach, marketing, public and media relations activities as required
- Work with partners to disseminate materials to equip target beneficiaries with knowledge and skills on TAAT value chains
- Contribute to the promotion of extension reforms and capacity development for extension/advisory services
- Provide leadership for the designing, preparation and dissemination of both routine and periodic outreach/communication products (e., backgrounders, media packets, news releases, op-eds/articles, feature stories, radio/TV broadcasts, videos, PowerPoint presentations, brochures, fact sheets, annual reports, quarterly newsletters, online posts, tweets, briefing notes, etc) that inform FARA’s key internal and external audiences and promote FARA’s visibility and image among these audiences.
- Provide leadership for the preparation of advocacy materials and documents to support the strengthening of agricultural advisory services
- Contribute to the generation of knowledge and development of conceptual frameworks that strengthen extension systems and agriculture innovation syste
- Provide leadership for the development of tools for knowledge manageme
- Coordinate the management and integration of outreach related content generated by TAAT value chains and partners and ensure that it is readily accessible
- Facilitating online thematic discussions / consultations through available audience engagement tools and channels
- Contribute to mobilization of resources for supporting technology outreach activities
- Any other duties as required by the DRI and management
- Advanced Post graduate degree in agricultural extension/advisory services or rural development, knowledge management or related field with a minimum of 8 years post graduate work exp
- Knowledge of online applications; sound foundation in technology to ensure fluency with all Knowledge management user
- Proficiency with database management systems to ensure strong reporting and data analy
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication and motivational ski
- Skills in organizing resources, establishing priorities and managing
- Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating technology outreach campaigns including development and implementation of strategies
- Experience in developing and implementing knowledge management systems for a large organization preferably with a multi-country mandate
- A track record in advocacy and resource mobilization for technology outreach and knowledge management
- Ability to write clearly for diverse audiences.
- Fluency in French and English (written and oral) language is desirable
The position is based at the FARA secretariat in Accra, Ghana
Qualified candidates are invited to submit via email comprehensive Curriculum Vitae together with a cover letter and names/contact details of three referees to: Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director, FARA, PMB CT 173, Cantonments, Accra, Ghana. Email: email@example.com. Applications will be assessed against the required skills, experience and aptitudes set out above. Applications will be accepted up to 23rd March 2018
Due to anticipated high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Employment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability or health status.
NB: Please quote in your application the reference code of the vacancy for which you are applying.
Download a Pdf copy HERE
FARA, NIRSAL, Jigawa State and ARDP flag-off a south-south capacity development initiative in Kaduna, Nigeria
6th Aug, 2018Kaduna, 3rd August 2018:
23rd Jul, 2018Accra, Ghana: 20th July 2018. Precisely five years ago on the occasion of the 6th African AGROCILTURAL Science Week and General Assembly of the Forum