TAAT CDTO Accountant: Ref: FARA/AfDB/TAAT/CDTO Accountant/2018/04
FARA is the continental apex body for agricultural research and innovation in Africa. Its mission is to contribute to generating high, broad-based and sustainable agricultural growth by catalyzing improvements to the productivity and competitiveness of the sector through increased and effective application of Science, Technology and Innovation (STI). FARA executes its mission by performing the following four functions: (i) advocacy for increased application of STI in agriculture which is a necessary condition for achieving national and continental development goals; (ii) strengthening the human, institutional and systemic capacities for agricultural innovation; (iii) facilitating the exchange of information and knowledge in STI for agriculture; and (iv) facilitating partnerships among research, innovation and agribusiness actors within Africa as well as between Africa and external regional or national entities. The Secretariat of FARA is based in Accra, Ghana. FARA is serving as one of the Implementing centers of the Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) project supported by the African Development Bank
Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) supports Feed Africa by providing needed, proven agricultural and food processing technologies and implementation strategies for inclusion within the Bank’s loans to Regional Member Countries. TAAT’s approaches revitalize and transform agriculture within the shortest possible time while restoring degraded land and maintaining or strengthening the ecosystems that underpin agriculture, while modernizing and more fully commercializing agriculture. FARA has been mandated to coordinate capacity development technology Outreach (CDTO) within TAAT.
To coordinate the activities driven by FARA under TAAT, FARA is seeking to recruit a highly qualified professional to fill the position of TAAT CDTO Accountant.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate shall inter-alia undertake the following roles and responsibilities:
- Oversee the preparation and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports per the bank regulations and accounting principle
- Oversee the preparation, implements, and ensures compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and proced
- Develop and maintain a system for evaluating/ monitoring contracts and ensure strict compliance with AfDB financial contractual obligations.
- Participate in the annual budgeting and planning process
- Review and analyze the financial operations, reporting system and reports for TAAT project and prepare financial reports
- Coordinate the transfer of funds per established agreements and sche
- In close collaboration with the TAAT CDTO coordinator, manage cash-flow and prepare cash-flow forecasts in line with the workplan
- Ensure that the financial information required for sound management and for appropriate advice and decision making is available
- Perform any other duties which may be assigned from time to time by the immediate
- Full Professional accounting qualification e. CPA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent.
- Familiarity with the AfDB funding mechanisms; international development and current issues in international aid and finance mechanis
- Excellent knowledge of fund accounting, including reporting requirements of development partner
- Demonstrable skills in the development, monitoring and evaluation of finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and communication
- Demonstrable experience in planning and strategic thinking with strong analytical and problem-solving sk
- Highly professional in outlook and approach, tenacious and results focused with a commitment to and passion for quality and integrity.
- Experience in multi-cultural environment with proficiency in English and/or French with a working understanding of the
- Good knowledge of agricultural research for development in Africa is
The position is based at the FARA secretariat in Accra, Ghana
Qualified candidates are invited to submit via email comprehensive Curriculum Vitae together with a cover letter and names/contact details of three referees to: Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director, FARA, PMB CT 173, Cantonments, Accra, Ghana. Email: email@example.com.
Applications will be assessed against the required skills, experience and aptitudes set out above. Applications will be accepted up to 23rd March 2018
Due to anticipated high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Employment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability or health status.
NB: Please quote in your application the reference code of the vacancy for which you are applying.
You may download a Pdf copy HERE
FARA, NIRSAL, Jigawa State and ARDP flag-off a south-south capacity development initiative in Kaduna, Nigeria
6th Aug, 2018Kaduna, 3rd August 2018:
23rd Jul, 2018Accra, Ghana: 20th July 2018. Precisely five years ago on the occasion of the 6th African AGROCILTURAL Science Week and General Assembly of the Forum