Consulting Services: Develop Continental Good Practice Guidance Notes based on AR4D Institutional Partnerships and Collaborative experiences of FARA, SROs and AFAAS to facilitate lesson learning and advocacy
Name of project: CAADP-XP4
Activity Ref No: CAADP-XP4 Output 4/ Activity 4.4.3 / 2020
Procurement Ref: FARA/CAADP-XP4/CS/IC/2020/16
Date: Tuesday, July 7, 2020
- The Science for African Agriculture (S4AC) Consortium comprising AFAAS, ASARECA, CCARDESA, CORAF and FARA, has secured resources from the EU under the Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA) initiative to implement a 4-year project in Africa. The overall budget available to the S4AC consortium under this project is €30 million. This project, called CAADP Ex-Pillar 4 Africa Regional and Sub-regional Organizations for Agricultural Research and Innovation (CAADP-XP4) project will link research and innovation with development initiatives to boost the transformation of innovation in agriculture and food systems to make them more resilient to climate change and better responsive to development demands. Its objective is to enable agricultural research and innovation, including extension services, to contribute effectively to food and nutrition security, economic development and climate mitigation in Africa.
- The overall objective of the CAADP-XP4 is to increase the contribution of Africa’s regional and country level agriculture and food innovation systems towards achievement of climate relevant and sustainable transformation of the continent’s agriculture and food systems.
- The objective of this request for expression of interest is to engage a consultant to facilitate the development of a continental Good Practice Guidance Notes based on AR4D Institutional Partnerships and Collaborative experiences between FARA, SROs and AFAAS over the past two decades (in areas including; capacity development, Innovation Systems and partnerships, Technology generation and adoption, research management, leadership, Policy, knowledge management, advocacy and Communication) to facilitate Lesson learning and advocacy.
- As part of the responsibility, the Consultant will be assigned mainly to:
- Design appropriate template and tools to facilitate the collection of content from these institutions identified themes
- Coordinate interviews of key beneficiaries and document their experiences on the agreed themes
- Review available reports and documented lessons, experiences and good practices of these institutions on collaborative mechanisms and partnership in delivering public good.
- Synthesize findings into a publishable document which include recommendations (including rural solutions for smallholder farmers) to strengthen AR4D governance structure in Africa.
- Facilitate a workshop to validate and launch the final report leading to final dissemination These tasks are detailed in the terms of reference below.
- The Executive Director of FARA invites interested consultants to express their interest in carrying out this assignment.
- Consultants interested in this call must provide an Expression of Interest no longer than 10 pages, outlining proposed methodologies, references related to the execution of similar contracts, experience in similar areas or evidence of knowledge and/or involvement in climate change, and a proposed timeline. Brochures, CV’s, and other supplementary materials will not be included in the 10-page limit.
- The anticipated period of performance for this consultancy is 30 man-days expected to fully complete within a period of 4 months maximum.
- The consultants will be selected based upon procedures defined in the Procurement Guidelines of FARA.
- Interested consultants may obtain supplementary information and reference documents from the Director of Research and Innovation, Dr. Irene Annor-Frempong [firstname.lastname@example.org] and copy the Knowledge Management & Outreach Officer, Benjamin Abugri [email@example.com],during the following hours: 9h00 to 15h00 GMT.
Please download the Terms of Reference below for further information on this opportunity.
- Expressions of Interest should be submitted electronically to [firstname.lastname@example.org] and addressed to Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director of FARA, 12 Anmeda Street, Roman Ridge, Accra, Ghana, no later than Thursday, 13th August, 2020, at 14h00 GMT. Tel: +233 302 772823/744888
- FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Recruitment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability or health status.
Executive Director of FARA