|Consulting Services:||Gender Mainstreaming in Regional and National Foresight Activities of the African Foresight Academy|
|Name of project:||Foundation for a Smoke-Free World (FSFW)|
|Activity Ref No:||FARA/DRI/ CDA 03.2.4/FSFW|
|Date:||Tuesday, July 7, 2020|
- FARA’s current workplan involves the facilitation of strengthening of capacity for foresight among more professionals in African AR4D institutions and private sector underpinned by four key areas namely:
- sensitizing stakeholders about the relevance of foresight
- facilitating the development of competencies in conducting foresight and interpretation of foresight results
- offering technical assistance to enable regional and national organizations to participate in foresight initiatives and apply results from past /ongoing foresight and
- document and share experiences on foresight.
Each of these areas involve the strengthening of gender mainstreaming as well as involvement of youth in agricultural research and development. FARA seeks to provide ‘appropriate leadership for mainstreaming gender in the work of partner institutions and the secretariat’ in order to ensure ‘gender responsiveness in actions, results, systems and resource allocation both within FARA and among partner institutions’ https://faraafrica.org/programs/cross-cutting-issues/gender/.
- The objective of this request for expression of interest is to engage a consultant to facilitate trainings and to develop a gender responsive and climate relevant foresight framework to support the efforts of foresight activities for implementation of Agricultural Transformation Initiative (ATI) in Malawi.
- As part of the responsibility, the Consultant will be assigned mainly to:
- Synthesize as well as facilitate discussions and exchange of knowledge on gender parity, while addressing any possible barriers to engage in the Africa Foresight Academy (AFA).
- Selection of gender responsive value chain and carry out a gender responsive constraints analysis (using tools from FARA’s gender mainstreaming toolkit) in Malawi
- Review ATI’s research on gender and climate change in Malawi and build on existing assessments of plausible scenarios for climate-resilience and adaptation in the context of Malawian agriculture and agri-business (i.e. from cultivation to markets, not just farms), including identifying any remaining research gaps.
- Offer tools and framework for gender mainstreaming in foresight by AFA and its partners
- Submission of draft report followed by final Report
These tasks are detailed in the terms of reference below.
- The Executive Director of FARA invites interested consultants to express their interest in carrying out this assignment.
- Consultants interested in this call must provide an Expression of Interest no longer than 10 pages, outlining proposed methodologies, references related to the execution of similar contracts, experience in similar areas or evidence of knowledge and/or involvement in climate change, and a proposed timeline. Brochures, CV’s, and other supplementary materials will not be included in the 10-page limit.
- The anticipated period of performance for this consultancy is 20 man-days expected to fully complete within a period of 5 months maximum.
- The consultant will be selected based on procedures defined in the Procurement Guidelines of FARA.
- Interested consultants may obtain supplementary information and reference documents from the Director of Research and Innovation, Dr. Irene Annor-Frempong [email@example.com] and copy the Capacity Development Officer, Abdulrazak Ibrahim [firstname.lastname@example.org], during the following hours: 9h00 to 15h00 GMT.
Please download the Terms of Reference below for further information on this opportunity.
- Expressions of Interest should be submitted electronically to [email@example.com] and addressed to Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director of FARA, 12 Anmeda Street, Roman Ridge, Accra, Ghana, no later than Monday, 17th August, 2020, at 14h00 GMT. Tel: +233 302 772823/744888
- FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Recruitment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability or health status.
Executive Director of FARA