|Consulting Services:||Technical Support for strengthening of capacity for foresight among more professionals in African AR4D institutions and private sector|
|Name of project:|
|Activity Ref No:||FARA/DRI/ CDA03/2.3 CAADPXP4 3.2.3|
|Date:||Tuesday, July 7, 2020|
- Addressing the challenges facing Africa’s agriculture demands a forward-thinking and anticipatory posture to ensure that agricultural research and innovation can be made more responsive to current and future development needs. The Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) has established the African Foresight Academy (AFA) to strengthen Africa’s foresight capacity on how innovation and knowledge can best help surmount the diverse challenges facing agriculture for more responsive agri-food system. The first cohort of AFA affiliated foresight practitioners, drawn from Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa and Uganda, have been supported by FARA to advance foresight in their respective institutions. FARA is facilitating the strengthening of capacity for foresight among more professionals in African AR4D institutions and private sector by sensitizing stakeholders about the relevance of foresight, developing competencies in conducting foresight and interpretation of foresight results and offering technical assistance to enable regional and national organizations to participate in foresight initiatives and apply results from past /ongoing foresight.
- The overall objective of the CAADP-XP4 is to increase the contribution of Africa’s regional and country level agriculture and food innovation systems towards achievement of climate relevant and sustainable transformation of the continent’s agriculture and food systems.
- The objective of this request for expression of interest is to engage a consultant to facilitate trainings and to support FARA’s efforts of updating foresight activities and the consolidation of African Foresight Academy architecture.
- As part of the responsibility, the Consultant will be assigned mainly to:
- Support the development of AFA webpage and its update
- Update and validate a synthesis of harmonized framework of AFA
- Facilitate trainings and advocacy meetings supported by AFA
- Offer tools and modules for the application of foresight in training events organized by AFA and its partners
- Introduction of basic concepts and ideas of foresight and scenario including analysis to assess the impact of COVID-19 and explore response scenarios
- Providing FARA’s stakeholders with a simple methodology to do initial analysis mentoring activities on foresight analysis
- Offer a rapid “collective intelligence gathering” process on emerging impacts and responses
These tasks are detailed in the terms of reference below.
- The Executive Director of FARA invites interested consultants to express their interest in carrying out this assignment.
- Consultants interested in this call must provide an Expression of Interest no longer than 10 pages, outlining proposed methodologies, references related to the execution of similar contracts, experience in similar areas or evidence of knowledge and/or involvement in climate change, and a proposed timeline. Brochures, CV’s, and other supplementary materials will not be included in the 10-page limit.
- The anticipated period of performance for this consultancy is 30 man-days expected to fully complete within a period of 4 months maximum.
- The consultant will be selected based on procedures defined in the Procurement Guidelines of FARA.
- Interested consultants may obtain supplementary information and reference documents from the Director of Research and Innovation, Dr. Irene Annor-Frempong [email@example.com] and copy the Capacity Development Officer, Abdulrazak Ibrahim [firstname.lastname@example.org], during the following hours: 9h00 to 15h00 GMT.
Please download the Terms of Reference below for further information on this opportunity.
- Expressions of Interest should be submitted electronically to [email@example.com] and addressed to Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director of FARA, 12 Anmeda Street, Roman Ridge, Accra, Ghana, no later than Tuesday, 18th August 2020, at 14h00 GMT. Tel: +233 302 772823/744888
- FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Recruitment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability or health status.
Executive Director of FARA