|Consulting Services:||Consultancy to Develop the eCapacities Implementation Framework with an ICT Based E-Market Place for Business, Research and Extension in Africa|
|Name of project:|
|Activity Ref No:||CAADP-XP4 Output 2/ Activity 2.1.5 / 2020 & Output 4/ Activity 4.1.1 / 2020|
|Date:||Wednesday, August 26, 2020|
- The Science for African Agriculture (S4AC) Consortium comprising AFAAS, ASARECA, CCARDESA, CORAF and FARA, has secured resources from the EU under the Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA) initiative to implement a 4-year project in Africa. The overall budget available to the S4AC consortium under this project is €30 million. This project, called CAADP Ex-Pillar 4 Africa Regional and Sub-regional Organizations for Agricultural Research and Innovation (CAADP-XP4) project will link research and innovation with development initiatives to boost the transformation of innovation in agriculture and food systems to make them more resilient to climate change and better responsive to development demands. Its objective is to enable agricultural research and innovation, including extension services, to contribute effectively to food and nutrition security, economic development and climate mitigation in Africa.
- The overall objective of the CAADP-XP4 is to increase the contribution of Africa’s regional and country level agriculture and food innovation systems towards achievement of climate relevant and sustainable transformation of the continent’s agriculture and food systems.
- The objective of this request for expression of interest is to engage a consultant to develop the eCapacities Implementation Framework with an ICT Based E-Market Place for Business, Research and Extension in Africa to help drive Africa’s Agricultural Research for Development (AR4D) agenda.
- As part of the responsibility, the Consultant will be assigned mainly to:
- Develop the eCapacities implementation framework and manual to guide content development and the use of the framework by actors
- Develop the e-Market Place portal within the context of eCapacities and Contribute to the design of a real time data collection tool and or instrument for use by the SROs to collect all needed information to make a comprehensive e-market space action in the countries and at sub-regional level.
- Develop the Mobile Application variant of the e-markets space and upload in android, etc. for use.
- Facilitate the interoperability of the developed applications and portal into the FARADataInformS.
These tasks are detailed in the terms of reference below.
- The Executive Director of FARA invites interested consultants to express their interest in carrying out this assignment.
- Consultants interested in this call must provide an Expression of Interest no longer than 10 pages, outlining proposed methodologies, references related to the execution of similar contracts, experience in similar areas or evidence of knowledge and/or involvement in climate change, and a proposed timeline. Brochures, CV’s, and other supplementary materials will not be included in the 10-page limit.
- The anticipated period of performance for this consultancy is 30 man-days from September to December, 2020.
- The consultants will be selected based on procedures defined in the Procurement Guidelines of FARA.
- Interested consultants may obtain supplementary information and reference documents from the Director of Research and Innovation, Dr. Irene Annor-Frempong [email@example.com] and copy the Knowledge Management & Outreach Officer, M Benjamin Abugri [firstname.lastname@example.org] and Ms. Karen Munoko [email@example.com], during the following hours: 9h00 to 15h00 GMT.
Please download the Terms of Reference below for further information on this opportunity.
- Expressions of Interest should be submitted electronically to [firstname.lastname@example.org]; addressed to Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director of FARA, 12 Anmeda Street, Roman Ridge, Accra, Ghana, no later than Wednesday, 9th September, 2020, at 14h00 GMT. Tel: +233 302 772823/744888
- FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Recruitment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability or health status.
Executive Director of FARA