|Consulting Services:||Consultant to Develop and Operationalize a Continental Data Capture Strategy for AR4D (CAADP-XP4 Partners)|
|Name of project:|
|Activity Ref No:||CAADP-XP4 Output 4/ Activity 4.1.1 / 2020|
|Date:||Tuesday, August 25, 2020|
- The Science for African Agriculture (S4AC) Consortium comprising AFAAS, ASARECA, CCARDESA, CORAF and FARA, has secured resources from the EU under the Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA) initiative to implement a 4-year project in Africa. The overall budget available to the S4AC consortium under this project is €30 million. This project, called CAADP Ex-Pillar 4 Africa Regional and Sub-regional Organizations for Agricultural Research and Innovation (CAADP-XP4) project will link research and innovation with development initiatives to boost the transformation of innovation in agriculture and food systems to make them more resilient to climate change and better respond to development demands. Its objective is to enable agricultural research and innovation, including extension services, to contribute effectively to food and nutrition security, economic development and climate mitigation in Africa.
- The overall objective of the CAADP-XP4 is to increase the contribution of Africa’s regional and country-level agriculture and food innovation systems towards achievement of climate-relevant and sustainable transformation of the continent’s agriculture and food systems.
- The objective of this request for expression of interest is to engage a consultant to facilitate the development and operationalization of a coordinated continental data capture strategy for the CAADP-XP4 partners and for adoption/adaption by other interest partners.
- As part of the responsibility, the Consultant will be assigned mainly to:
- Review/audit existing knowledge, information and data systems of the CAADP-XP4 partners (FARA, AFAAS, CORAF, CCARDESA and ASARECA) and how they are updated. Review other similar systems by relevant partners.
- Develop and validate a coordinated continental knowledge capture framework and clear guidelines (including templates, partnerships, and technological applications) with attention to the needs of the CAADP-XP4 partners with a ten-year vision.
- Facilitate a workshop to launch the final strategy and support the adoption/adaption by each partner through training, mentoring, etc. (This product will become a component of the overall Knowledge Management Strategy for FARA and partners).
These tasks are detailed in the terms of reference below.
- The Executive Director of FARA invites interested consultants to express their interest in carrying out this assignment.
- Consultants interested in this call must provide an Expression of Interest no longer than 10 pages, outlining proposed methodologies, references related to the execution of similar contracts, experience in similar areas or evidence of knowledge and/or involvement in climate change, and a proposed timeline. Brochures, CV’s, and other supplementary materials will not be included in the 10-page limit.
- The anticipated period of performance for this consultancy is 30 man-days from September to December 2020.
- The consultants will be selected based on procedures defined in the Procurement Guidelines of FARA.
- Interested consultants may obtain supplementary information and reference documents from the Director of Research and Innovation, Dr. Irene Annor-Frempong [firstname.lastname@example.org] and copy the Knowledge Management & Outreach Officer, M Benjamin Abugri [email@example.com], during the following hours: 9h00 to 15h00 GMT.
Please download the Terms of Reference below for further information on this opportunity.
- Expressions of Interest should be submitted electronically to [firstname.lastname@example.org]; addressed to Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director of FARA, 12 Anmeda Street, Roman Ridge, Accra, Ghana, no later than Tuesday, 8th September 2020, at 14h00 GMT. Tel: +233 302 772823/744888
- FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Recruitment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability or health status.
Executive Director of FARA