|Consulting Services:||Engage a Continental Enumerator to Support Content Generation in the Operationalization of FARADataInformS in CAADP-XP4|
|Name of project:|
|Activity Ref No:||CAADP-XP4 Output 4/ Activity 4.1.3 / 2020|
|Date:||Thursday, August 27, 2020|
- The Science for African Agriculture (S4AC) Consortium comprising AFAAS, ASARECA, CCARDESA, CORAF and FARA, has secured resources from the EU under the Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA) initiative to implement a 4-year project in Africa. The overall budget available to the S4AC consortium under this project is €30 million. This project, called CAADP Ex-Pillar 4 Africa Regional and Sub-regional Organizations for Agricultural Research and Innovation (CAADP-XP4) project will link research and innovation with development initiatives to boost the transformation of innovation in agriculture and food systems to make them more resilient to climate change and better respond to development demands. Its objective is to enable agricultural research and innovation, including extension services, to contribute effectively to food and nutrition security, economic development and climate mitigation in Africa.
- The overall objective of the CAADP-XP4 is to increase the contribution of Africa’s regional and country-level agriculture and food innovation systems towards achievement of climate-relevant and sustainable transformation of the continent’s agriculture and food systems.
- The objective of this request for expression of interest is to engage long-term experienced database/web expert to as one of the enumerators provide both back-end and front-end technical support for content generation in the Operationalization of FARADataInformS within the CAADP-XP4 Project. The task will take into consideration similar existing initiatives including the ones by FARA (IPAbP, eCapacities, Library, experts’ database, PAEPARD, BiomassNet, analytics, etc), SROs, NARIs, AOSTI, IFAD, FAO and others that will be identified during the course of the activity and in consultation with the CAADP XP4 partners.
- As part of the responsibility, the Consultant will be assigned mainly to:
- Support the implementation of the Data Capture strategy by reviewing existing contents of knowledge portals within the FARADataInformS to establish their requirements and compatibility
- Support Content generation and validation for FARADataInformS along with the S3A teams, develop required online data collection tools and support analytics of data for publication
- Support capacity development for FARA staff, regional and country levels enumerators, partners, and users on tools within FARADataInformS.
- Back-end and Front-end technical support for FARADataInformS including cloud server and domains management, updates, and general technical backstopping
- Support development and integration APIs of FARADataInformS with portals of SROs, AFAAS, WB, FAOSTATS, etc. towards their interoperability.
- Upgrade of FARA Digital library to include editorial functions, Publication system, Analytical tool, Post format and sharing, a Download counter, Backup Facility, Language setup (English, Arabic, Portuguese, French) Editorial Team, Indexing, Graphics and Citation.
These tasks are detailed in the terms of reference below.
- The Executive Director of FARA invites interested consultants to express their interest in carrying out this assignment.
- Consultants interested in this call must provide an Expression of Interest no longer than 10 pages, outlining proposed methodologies, references related to the execution of similar contracts, experience in similar areas or evidence of knowledge and/or involvement in climate change, and a proposed timeline. Brochures, CV’s, and other supplementary materials will not be included in the 10-page limit.
- The anticipated period of performance for this consultancy is 120 man-days from September 2020 to September 2021 and may be subject to renewal.
- The consultants will be selected based on procedures defined in the Procurement Guidelines of FARA.
- Interested consultants may obtain supplementary information and reference documents from the Director of Research and Innovation, Dr. Irene Annor-Frempong [firstname.lastname@example.org] and copy the Knowledge Management & Outreach Officer, M Benjamin Abugri [email@example.com], during the following hours: 9h00 to 15h00 GMT.
Please download the Terms of Reference below for further information on this opportunity.
- Expressions of Interest should be submitted electronically to [firstname.lastname@example.org]; addressed to Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director of FARA, 12 Anmeda Street, Roman Ridge, Accra, Ghana, no later than Thursday, 10th September, 2020, at 14h00 GMT. Tel: +233 302 772823/744888.
- FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Recruitment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability or health status.
Executive Director of FARA