|Consulting Services:||Recruitment of a Consultant to develop/review guidelines for the establishment of an equitable partnership fund (EquiPart Fund) and its operationalization to support proposal development during a validation workshop (through webinar).|
|Name of project:|
|Activity Ref No:||CAADP-XP4 Output 2/ (Activity 2.3.4)|
|Date:||Wednesday, September 9, 2020|
- The African AR4D supra-national institutions (AFAAS, ASARECA CCARDESA, CORAF, FARA), hereafter referred to as The consortium, has secured resources from the EU under the Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA) initiative to implement a 4-year project in Africa. The overall budget available to the S4AC consortium under this project is €30 million. This project, called CAADP Ex-Pillar 4 Africa Regional and Sub-regional Organizations for Agricultural Research and Innovation (CAADP-XP4) project will link research and innovation with development initiatives to boost the transformation of innovation in agriculture and food systems to make them more resilient to climate change and better respond to development demands. Its objective is to enable agricultural research and innovation, including extension services, to contribute effectively to food and nutrition security, economic development and climate mitigation in Africa.
- The overall objective of the CAADP-XP4 is to increase the contribution of Africa’s regional and country-level agriculture and food innovation systems towards the achievement of climate-relevant and sustainable transformation of the continent’s agriculture and food systems.
- This call for expression of interest is to facilitate the engagement of a suitable consultant to develop/review guidelines for the establishment of an equitable partnership fund (EquiPart Fund) and its operationalization to support proposal development during a validation workshop (through webinar).
- The Consultant will inter alia carry out the following functions:
- Undertake a thorough review of the draft Guidelines for setup and operationalization of an EquiPart Fund to support the participation of ASARECA, AFAAS, CCARDESA, CORAF, FARA and ARD partners in proposal’s development.
- Suggest practical improvements to Guidelines to operationalize EquiPart Fund to mobilize more financial resources to support research and innovation in the 5 organizations and their partner organizations.
- The Executive Director of FARA invites interested consultants to provide an Expression of Interest no longer than 5 pages, outlining proposed methodologies, references related to the execution of similar contracts, experience in similar areas or evidence of knowledge and/or involvement in the establishment of an equitable partnership fund, and a proposed work/time schedule.
- The consultant is expected to deliver on this consultancy within 5man-days spread over a maximum of 1 month.
- The consultant will be selected based on procedures defined in the Procurement Guidelines of FARA.
- Interested consultants can obtain supplementary information and reference documents from the Director of Research and Innovation, Dr. Irene Annor-Frempong [email@example.com] and or the Lead Specialist on Research Management and Leadership (RML) Cluster, Jonas Mugabe [firstname.lastname@example.org] during the following hours: 9h00 to 15h00 GMT, Monday to Friday.
Please download the Terms of Reference below for further information on this opportunity
- Expressions of Interest should be submitted electronically to [email@example.com] and addressed to Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director of FARA, 12 Anmeda Street, Roman Ridge, Accra, Ghana, no later than Thursday, 24th September 2020, at 14h00 GMT. Tel: +233 302 772823/744888
FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Recruitment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability or health status.
Executive Director of FARA