REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Consulting Services: Consultancy on the ‘Flagship Publication of Africa Status Report on Research and Innovation’ – AfARR
Name of project:
Activity Ref No: CAADP-XP4 Output 4/ Activity 4.4.2 / 2020
Procurement Ref: FARA/CAADP-XP4/CS/IC/2020/15
Date: Wednesday, January 13, 2021
1. The Science for African Agriculture (S4AC) Consortium comprising AFAAS, ASARECA, CCARDESA, CORAF and FARA, has secured resources from the EU under the Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA) initiative to implement a 4-year project in Africa. The overall budget available to the S4AC consortium under this project is €30 million. This project, called CAADP Ex-Pillar 4 Africa Regional and Sub-regional Organizations for Agricultural Research and Innovation (CAADP-XP4) project will link research and innovation with development initiatives to boost the transformation of innovation in agriculture and food systems to make them more resilient to climate change and better responsive to development demands. Its objective is to enable agricultural research and innovation, including extension services, to contribute effectively to food and nutrition security, economic development and climate mitigation in Africa.
2. The overall objective of the CAADP-XP4 is to increase the contribution of Africa’s regional and country level agriculture and food innovation systems towards achievement of climate relevant and sustainable transformation of the continent’s agriculture and food systems.
3. The objective of this request for expression of interest is to engage a consultant to develop, validate and launch a detailed strategy, guidelines and template to guide the production of the main flagship report dubbed “Africa Status Report on Research and Innovation (AfARR)”.
4. As part of the responsibility, the Consultant will be assigned mainly to:
(i) Develop the scope and content required to produce the first AfARR (Including content submission template to guide authors, annotated chapters, cover design, etc).
(ii) Identify authors for the various contents (theme/chapters) of the publication, possible source of data, design, publishers, and other relevant processes required of a Flagship report.
(iii) Set up an International Editorial Team (IED) for AfARR.
(iv) Identify users of the report and how the final report will be disseminated.
(v) Design a programme of activities with timelines on how the first edition will be conducted.
(vi) Organize a validation workshop for the content requirement of AfARR.
(vii) Finalize document and draft a programme for the launch of the first AfARR by June 2021.
These tasks are detailed in the terms of reference below.
5. The Executive Director of FARA invites interested consultants to express their interest in carrying out this assignment.
6. Consultants interested in this call must provide an Expression of Interest no longer than 10 pages, outlining proposed methodologies, references related to the execution of similar contracts, experience in similar areas, and a proposed timeline. Brochures, CV’s, and other supplementary materials will not be included in the 10-page limit.
7. The anticipated period of performance for this consultancy is 30 man-days expected to fully complete within a period of 4 months maximum.
8. The consultants will be selected based upon procedures defined in the Procurement Guidelines of FARA.
9. Interested consultants may obtain supplementary information and reference documents from the Director of Research and Innovation, Dr. Aggrey Agumya [firstname.lastname@example.org] and copy the Knowledge Management & Outreach Officer, Mr. Benjamin Abugri [email@example.com], during the following hours: 9h00 to 15h00 GMT.
Please download the Terms of Reference below for further information on this opportunity.
10. Expressions of Interest should be submitted electronically to [firstname.lastname@example.org] and addressed to Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director of FARA, 12 Anmeda Street, Roman Ridge, Accra, Ghana, no later than Wednesday, 10th February, 2021, at 14h00 GMT. Tel: +233 302 772823/744888
11. FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Recruitment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability or health status.
Executive Director of FARA