|Consulting Services:||The hiring of Internal Audit Firm for FARA|
|Organisation:||Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA)|
|Date:||Friday, January 22, 2021|
- The Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) is an apex organization forming and bringing together coalitions of major stakeholders in agricultural research for development (AR4D) in Africa. It is the technical arm of the African Union with the mandate of developing and coordinating Agricultural Research for Development in Africa.
- FARA serves as the entry point for agricultural research initiatives in Africa designed to have a continental reach or a sub-continental reach spanning more than one sub-region. Headquartered in Accra, Ghana, FARA has been in existence since the late 1990s. Over this period, FARA has provided a continental forum for stakeholders in AR4D to shape the vision and agenda for this sub-sector, and to mobilize themselves to respond to key continent-wide development frameworks, notably the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP).
- In order to ensure that the organisation’s funds are used properly for the purpose for which they are intended and accounted for in accordance with our donors’ procedures, it is prudent to engage an Internal Audit firm to provide a continuous and critical appraisal of the functioning of the organisation with a view to suggest improvements thereto and add value to and strengthen the overall mechanism of FARA and its internal control systems.
- The overall objective of this assignment is to; a) express an independent professional opinion with regard to efficiency, effectiveness and economy of FARA’s operations; b) evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the financial management and internal control systems; c) ensure compliance of the laid down Organisation’s Implementation guidelines and procedures; d) provide timely information and recommendation to the Management on the improvement of systems.
- The Executive Director of FARA now invites interested and eligible firms to provide an Expression of Interest no longer than 10 pages, outlining proposed methodologies, references related to the execution of similar contracts, experience in similar areas or evidence of knowledge and/or involvement in the financial audit, and a proposed work/time schedule. Brochures, CV’s of Partners, and other supplementary materials will not be included in the 10-page limit.
- The time period for the said consultancy shall be one year from the date of award of contract. The duration may be extended if required with the mutual agreement of the parties.
- The consultant will be selected based on Quality & Cost Based Selection (QCBS) procedures defined in the Procurement Guidelines of FARA.
- Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours [09.00 AM – 4.00 PM]
Please download the Terms of Reference below for further information on this opportunity.
- Expressions of Interest should be submitted electronically to [firstname.lastname@example.org] and addressed to Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director of FARA, 12 Anmeda Street, Roman Ridge, Accra, Ghana, no later than Friday, 19th February, 2021, at 14h00 GMT. Tel: +233 302 772823/744888.
FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Recruitment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability or health status.
Executive Director of FARA