REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
|Consulting Services:||Development and Promotion of Guidelines for Inclusion of Relevant Climate STI Indicators into NAIPS, for use by Regional and Continental Institutions|
|Name of Project:||CAADP-XP4|
|Activity Ref No:||CAADP-XP4 Output 3/ Activity 3.1.3 / 2021|
|Date:||Friday, June 25, 2021|
- The Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) together with the Sub-Regional Agricultural Research Organizations (SROs) offer a strategic platform that fosters continental and global networking to strengthen the innovation capacities of Africa’s agricultural research system. FARA also has a mandate from the AUC to serve as its technical arm in the advancement of the Science Agenda in Africa’s Agriculture.
To achieve transformation in the agricultural sector, FARA has identified an increasing need for deeper collaboration among Agricultural Research for Development practitioners and private sector partners in Africa. FARA has therefore embarked on an inclusive process together with the Sub Regional Organizations (ASARECA, CCARDESA, CORAF) and AFAAS, to develop a new vision of collaboration and operationalization with private sector partners. This is being done through the European Union (EU) FUNDS under the Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA) initiative. The initiative aims to implement a 4-year project in Africa called CAADP Ex-Pillar 4 (CAADP-XP4).
An inherent element of CAADP-XP4 is to strengthen the collaborative mechanisms of the continental supra-national AR4D institutions to jointly operate and deliver global public good to transform agriculture on the African continent. This consultancy is to develop and promote guidelines for the inclusion of relevant STI indicators into national agricultural investment plans to facilitate agricultural transformation and aid the tracking of progress of STI at national, regional, and continental levels towards national, regional, and continental, as well as global SDGs.
- The overall aim of this assignment is to engage an individual consultant to develop and promote guidelines for the inclusion of relevant STI indicators into national agricultural investment plans to facilitate agricultural transformation.
- This request for expression of interest aims at engaging a consultant to carry out the following functions:
- Develop relevant climate STI indicators, define them, provide means of verifying them, and develop a methodology for tracking them at the national, regional, and continental levels.
- Harmonize the national action plans into sub-regional action plans, and further harmonize the sub-regional action plans into a continental action plan.
- Develop technical guidelines to support African countries and governments to mainstream the identified relevant climate STI indicators in NAIPs.
The detailed terms of reference are in the link below:
- The Executive Director of FARA invites interested consultants to express interest in carrying out this assignment.
- Consultants interested in this call must provide an Expression of Interest no longer than 10 pages, outlining proposed methodologies, references related to the execution of similar contracts, experience in similar areas, or evidence of knowledge and a proposed timeline. Brochures, CVs, and other supplementary materials submitted shall not be accounted for as part of the 10-page limit.
- The anticipated period of performance for this consultancy is 35 man-days spread over two months.
- The individual consultant shall be selected based on procedures defined in the Procurement Guidelines of FARA.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information from FARA’s Policy Officer, Kwaku Antwi [firstname.lastname@example.org], and copy the Procurement Expert, Mr. Callistus Achaab [email@example.com], during the following hours: 9h00 to 15h00 GMT.
Please DOWNLOAD the Terms of Reference below for further information on this opportunity.
- Expressions of Interest should be submitted electronically to [firstname.lastname@example.org] and addressed to Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director of FARA, No 9 Flower Avenue, New Achimota, Mile 7, Accra, Ghana, no later than Friday, 9th July 2021, at 14h00 GMT. Tel: +233 302 772823/744888
- FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Recruitment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability, or health status.
Executive Director of FARA