|individual Consulting Services:||Recruitment of the pool of experts to constitute the Independent Evaluation Committee (IEC) for the AIRTEA Project|
|Name of Project:||AIRTEA|
|Procurement Ref:||FARA/ AIRTEA/CS/IC/2021/02|
|Date:||Friday, June 25, 2021|
- A consortium consisting of FARA, ASARECA, and EAFF is implementing the project Strengthening Agricultural Knowledge and Innovation Ecosystem for Inclusive Rural Transformation and Livelihoods in Eastern Africa (AIRTEA) sponsored by the Organisation of African, Caribbean, and Pacific States (OACPS) through the ACP-Innovation Fund which itself is funded by the European Union (EU) through the 11th European Development Fund (EDF). The OACPS is supported by a Technical Assistance Unit (TAU) – which oversees the management of the OACPS Research and Innovation Programme (https://oacps-ri.eu).
The AIRTEA Project is expected to produce a series of outputs that include but not limited to the following:
- Capacities of youth and women involved in East Africa’s innovation platforms strengthened (Output 1.1);
- Innovation Platforms and linkages along country priority value chains established and supported (Output 1.2);
- Technologies, innovations and management practices generated or adapted to address challenges of marginalized rural communities (Output 2.1);
- Knowledge products and solutions developed or sourced to address challenges of marginalized rural communities (Output 2.2);
- National ABLA platforms established (Output 2.3);
- Collaborative partnerships within ABLA supported (Output 2.4);
- Technology transfer and uptake developed and made available for dissemination of knowledge products among value chain actor (Output 2.5); and
- New business services offered by operators along the value chain (Output 3.1).
- The overall aim of this assignment is to engage the services of Independent Experts is to evaluate proposals responding to the call for proposals launched for stakeholders from Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda. The specific objectives of this Assignment are:
- To assess, using the scorecard criteria, all proposals submitted in response to the call and fulfilling the administration criteria after a check done by the AIRTEA coordination.
- To recommend, for funding, the best proposals to the Project Steering Committee (PSC).
- To produce a report of the evaluation process and its outcome.
3. This request for expression of interest aims at engaging Experts to carry out the following functions:
- Participate in the session that will nominate the chairman and the vice-chairman of the IEC.
- Read, provide review comments, and score all proposals that will be assigned by the chairman and the vice-chairman of the IEC. Each proposal must be assessed by a minimum of 2 evaluators and a maximum of 3.
- Participate in the development of a timetable/timeline/timeframe of the assignment. The assignment is expected to be completed by 16 August 2021.
- Deliberate/decide on the proposals to be awarded and funds to be allocated based on the scores from different evaluators.
- Produce a synthetic but detailed report on each proposal: strengths and weaknesses. And therefore, why was it recommended or not to be funded.
The detailed terms of reference is in the link below:
4. The Executive Director of FARA invites interested Experts to express interest in carrying out this assignment.
5. Individuals interested in this call must submit an Expression of Interest and CVs, outlining references related to the execution of similar contracts, experience in similar areas, or evidence of knowledge and educational qualifications.
6. The anticipated period of performance of the IEC for this assignment is 15 man-days spread over two (2) months. The assignment is expected to be completed by 16 August 2021.
7. The individual consultants shall be selected based on procedures defined in the Procurement Guidelines of FARA.
8. Interested consultants may obtain supplementary information from the Research, Policy and Investment Lead Specialist, Jonas Mugabe [email@example.com] and copy the Procurement Expert, Mr. Callistus Achaab [firstname.lastname@example.org], during the following hours: 9h00 to 15h00 GMT.
Please DOWNLOAD the Terms of Reference below for further information on this opportunity.
9. Expressions of Interest should be submitted electronically to [email@example.com] and addressed to Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director of FARA, No 9 Flower Avenue, New Achimota, Mile 7, Accra, Ghana, no later than Wednesday, 14th July 2021, at 14h00 GMT. Tel: +233 302 772823/744888
FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Recruitment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability, or health status.
Executive Director of FARA