|Consulting Services:||Recruitment of an Individual Consultant to conduct a Baseline Survey for the CAADP-XP4 Project|
|Name of project:||Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme Ex Pillar IV (CAADP -XP4)|
|Activity Ref No:||FARA/CAADP-XP4/A5.2.3|
|Date:||Tuesday, March 10, 2020|
- The African AR4D supra-national institutions (AFAAS, ASARECA CCARDESA, CORAF, FARA), here after referred to as The consortium, has secured resources from the EU under the Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA) initiative to implement a 4-year project in Africa. The overall budget available to the S4AC consortium under this project is €30 million. This project, called CAADP Ex-Pillar 4 Africa Regional and Sub-regional Organizations for Agricultural Research and Innovation (CAADP-XP4) project will link research and innovation with development initiatives to boost the transformation of innovation in agriculture and food systems to make them more resilient to climate change and better responsive to development demands. Its objective is to enable agricultural research and innovation, including extension services, to contribute effectively to food and nutrition security, economic development and climate mitigation in Africa.
- The overall objective of the CAADP-XP4 is to increase the contribution of Africa’s regional and country level agriculture and food innovation systems towards achievement of climate relevant and sustainable transformation of the continent’s agriculture and food systems.
- The specific objective is to improve the individual and collective capacities of the key supra-national agricultural research and innovation institutions in their support to countries to achieve the programme’s overall objective, through (i) establishing and strengthening multi-stakeholder partnerships (including European institutions) for climate relevant innovation; (ii) strengthening policies, regional institutional arrangements and markets access; (iii) enhancing knowledge management for advocacy and decision support; and (iv) strengthening coordination (including planning, M&E and learning) and reporting.
- The objective of this request for expression of interest is to engage a consultant to conceptualize a baseline study in line with the planned results (outputs, outcomes and impacts) of the Project, and carry out the survey to provide a good foundation for the project results monitoring, mid-term evaluation and impacts assessment.
- As part of the responsibility, the Consultant will be assigned mainly to:
- Study the results framework of the CAADP-XP4 Project and provide a critical analysis and external perspectives with regards to the alignment, coherence and contribution of the project’s interventions (outputs) to reaching higher results (outcomes and impacts);
- Carry out a comprehensive literature review in consultation with FARA, SROs, AFAAS, that will help to better conceptualize the survey;
- Conceptualize methodology of the survey based on the critical analysis and the literature review;
- Design the survey tools and methodology that will later be adapted and refined after presentation and amendments at the inception meeting;
- Plan and conduct the surveys (interviews, national and regional levels consultation, etc…) according with the approved plan of stakeholders to consider during the survey.
- Compile the survey data and consolidate the Draft Baseline Survey Report and ensure validation, review and final submission.
- Provide baseline values for all the indicators as described in the results framework at FARA, SROs, and AFAAS level
These tasks are detailed in the terms of reference below.
6. The Executive Director of FARA, on behalf of the Consortium of AFAAS, ASARECA, CCARDESA, CORAF and FARA, invites interested consultants to express their interest in carrying out this assignment.
7. Consultants interested in this call must provide an Expression of Interest no longer than 10 pages, outlining proposed methodologies, references related to the execution of similar contracts, experience in similar areas or evidence of knowledge and/or involvement in CAADP processes, and a proposed timeline. Brochures, CV’s, and other supplementary materials will not be included in the 10-page limit.
8. FARA encourages consultants to form a consortium to adequately cover the project area within the specified time frame. The required human resource estimated for this consultancy is about 30 man-days at senior consultancy level and 100 man-days at junior consultancy level, expected to fully complete within a period of 3 months maximum.
9. The consultants will be selected based upon procedures defined in the Procurement Guidelines of FARA.
10. Interested consultants can obtain supplementary information and reference documents from the Director of Research and Innovation, Dr. Irene Annor-Frempong firstname.lastname@example.org and copy the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Mr. Anselme Vodounhessi email@example.com, during the following hours: 9h00 to 15h00 GMT.
Please download the Terms of Reference below for further information on this opportunity.
11. Expressions of Interest should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director of FARA, 12 Anmeda Street, Roman Ridge, Accra, Ghana, no later than Wednesday, 25th March, 2020, at 14h00 GMT. Tel: +233 302 772823/744888
12. FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Recruitment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability or health status.
Executive Director of FARA
The African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS), the Association for Strengthening Agricultural Research in East and Central Africa (ASARECA), the Centre for Coordination of Agricultural and Development for Southern Africa (CCARDESA), the West and Central Africa Council for Agricultural Research and Development (CORAF/WECARD), and the Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA)