REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
|Consulting Services:||Consultancy Services: Financial Audit of CAADP-XP4 Project for Financial Years 2019 – 2023|
|Name of project:||CAADP-XP4|
|Date:||Wednesday, June 17, 2020|
- Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa – FARA, (the Recipient), is an independent, non-profit organization focusing on the sustainable economic development in developing countries. The Recipient in partnership with governments, civil society and the private sector to develop scalable economic development solutions that have a real impact on poverty reduction, food security and ecosystem health. Headquartered in Accra, Ghana, with regional offices/partners across the globe.
- The Recipient entered into grant agreement no. 2000002984 with the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) to provide financial support of EUR4,835,600 to implement Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme CAADP ex-pillar IV Africa Regional and Sub-regional Organizations for Agricultural Research and Innovation Project. The grant is funded under the European Union (EU), represented by the European Commission’s contribution agreement no. FOOD/2019/407-682 under which IFAD receive a contribution to finance the Project, which forms part of the overall Programme described in the Annex 1 of the contribution agreement.
- The Recipient hereby requests a (1) financial audit on the Statement of Expenditures (SoE) and (2) agreed-upon procedures engagement of the project for the reporting period of 01 September 2019 to 31 December 2023. The Recipient reported total expenditures of EUR4,835,600 during the reporting period.
- The overall objective of the audit is to enable the auditor to express an audit opinion(s) on whether the SoE (including additional disclosures) present fairly, in all material respects, the financial position of the project, and on funds received and expenditures incurred for the relevant accounting period in conformity with the International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS). The auditor shall conduct this audit in accordance with the International Accounting Standards. The audit report will outline the audit opinion on the SoE in accordance with ISA 700/705.
- The Executive Director of FARA invites interested consultants to provide an Expression of Interest no longer than 5 pages, outlining proposed methodologies, references related to the execution of similar contracts, experience in similar areas or evidence of knowledge and/or involvement in the financial audit, and a proposed work/time schedule.
- The assignment will be for 30 staff-days for each financial year audit with possibility of extension.
- The consultant will be selected based on Least Cost Selection procedures defined in the Procurement Guidelines of FARA.
- Interested audit firms can obtain supplementary information and reference documents from the Finance Manager of FARA, Mr. Johnson Ukpong [email@example.com] during the following hours: 9h00 to 15h00 GMT, Monday to Friday.
Please download the Terms of Reference below for further information on this opportunity.
- Expressions of Interest should be submitted electronically to [firstname.lastname@example.org] and addressed to Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director of FARA, 12 Anmeda Street, Roman Ridge, Accra, Ghana, no later than Thursday, 2nd July, 2020, at 14h00 GMT. Tel: +233 302 772823/744888
FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Recruitment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability or health status.
Executive Director of FARA