|Consulting Services:||Engagement of a Consultant to train Country Stakeholders on Resource Mobilization and management in conjunction with International Experts|
|Name of project:||CAADP-XP4|
|Activity Ref No:||CAADP-XP4 Output 2/ Activity 2.2.1 / 2021|
|Date:||Monday, April 19, 2021|
- The Science for African Agriculture (S4AC) Consortium comprising AFAAS, ASARECA, CCARDESA, CORAF and FARA, has secured resources from the EU under the Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA) initiative to implement a 4-year project in Africa. The overall budget available to the S4AC consortium under this project is €30 million. This project, called CAADP Ex-Pillar 4 Africa Regional and Sub-regional Organizations for Agricultural Research and Innovation (CAADP-XP4) project will link research and innovation with development initiatives to boost the transformation of innovation in agriculture and food systems to make them more resilient to climate change and better responsive to development demands. Its objective is to enable agricultural research and innovation, including extension services, to contribute effectively to food and nutrition security, economic development, and climate mitigation in Africa.
- The overall objective of the CAADP-XP4 is to increase the contribution of Africa’s regional and country level agriculture and food innovation systems towards achievement of climate relevant and sustainable transformation of the continent’s agriculture and food systems.
- The objective of this request for expression of interest is to engage a consultant to build the capacity through the training of multi-stakeholders from CAADP-XP4 organizations in resource mobilization and management. The training will develop real cases of proposals that can be submitted to calls after adjustment or customizing to specific calls.
- As part of the responsibility, the Consultant will be assigned mainly to:
- Prepare an agenda for the training which will last for 5 working days;
- Prepare power point presentation related to proposal development and project management including the fiduciary component to be submitted to FARA prior to start the training;
- Carry out the online training of around 30 multi-stakeholder participants (researchers, NGOs, Private sector) for at least five working days.
- Support the participants to use the real case studies to develop 10 full proposals and provide post-training support of 5 days to finalize the proposals.
These tasks are detailed in the terms of reference in the link below:
- The Executive Director of FARA invites interested consultants to express interest in carrying out this assignment.
- Consultants interested in this call must provide an Expression of Interest no longer than 10 pages, outlining proposed methodologies, references related to the execution of similar contracts, experience in similar areas or evidence of knowledge and/or involvement in resource mobilization, and a proposed timeline. Brochures, CV’s, and other supplementary materials submitted shall count not in the 10-page limit.
- The anticipated period of performance for this consultancy is 20 man-days expected to fully complete by June 2021.
- The individual consultant will be selected based upon procedures defined in the Procurement Guidelines of FARA.
- Interested consultants may obtain supplementary information from the Research, Policy and Investment Lead Specialist, Jonas Mugabe [firstname.lastname@example.org] and copy the Procurement Expert, Mr. Callistus Achaab [email@example.com], during the following hours: 9h00 to 15h00 GMT.
Please download the Terms of Reference below for further information on this opportunity.
- Expressions of Interest should be submitted electronically to [firstname.lastname@example.org] and addressed to Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director of FARA, No 9 Flower Avenue, New Achimota, Mile 7, Accra, Ghana, no later than Monday, 3rd May, 2021, at 14h00 GMT. Tel: +233 302 772823/744888
- FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Recruitment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability or health status.
Executive Director of FARA