(Deadline Extended to October 20)
Consulting Services: Capacity Gaps Assessment in 6 Tertiary Education Trust Fund’s (TETFund) Centers of Excellence in Nigeria to improve Agricultural Research and Innovation Fellowship for Africa (ARIFA) design
Name of Project: FARA/TETFUND/ARIFA
Activity Ref No: FARA/DRI/ ICF03/2.3 TETFUND
Procurement Ref: FARA/TETFUND/ARIFA/CS/IC/2021/01
Date: Monday, September 20, 2021 – Readvertised October 6, 2021
1. The Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) and Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND) are implementing a Brazilian component of the Agricultural Research and Innovation Fellowship for Africa (ARIFA). Under this partnership, TETFUND is supporting the training of Nigerian scientists in a tailor-made MSc/Ph.D. program in various fields of sciences related to agriculture at Universidade Federal de Viçosa (UFV)-Federal University of Viçosa.
With the goal of training 5000 Ph.D. in the next 10 years, ARIFA had to contend with the challenges posed by the covid pandemic. To address this challenge, FARA set up Virtual Training and Innovation Hubs (VTrain Hubs) in 6 TETFund selected Centers of Excellence, in the University of Benin; University of Lagos; Michael Okpara University of Agriculture; Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University; the University of Jos and the University of Maiduguri in Nigeria where lectures are being delivered online. In the future, the VTRAIN hubs will host an Innovation Platform (IP) for generating technologies and solutions.
As online classes are going on in various courses, the implementation of ARIFA in the 6 VTrain Hubs will allow for gathering data on capacity needs within the ARIFA framework, which will help in documenting evidence on the impact of the program and inform future decisions on articulating and bridging capacity gaps in the context of Integrated Agricultural Research for Development (IAR4D).
Consequently, FARA is seeking the service of a high-level consultant to facilitate the conduct of capacity gaps assessment as a basis for the development of a strategy for establishing IPs.
2. The overall objective of the assignment is to support FARA’s efforts of conducting capacity gaps assessment to develop a capacity action plan to improve the Agricultural Research and Innovation Fellowship for Africa (ARIFA) design.
3. This request for expression of interest aims at engaging a consultant to carry out the following functions:
a) Conduct capacity gap assessment for ARIFA beneficiary institutions
b) Develop capacity action plans for strengthening and scaling VTrain Hubs in Africa
c) Support the dissemination of capacity audit reports from ARIFA beneficiary institutions
The detailed terms of reference is in the link below:
4. The Executive Director of FARA invites interested consultants to express interest in carrying out this assignment.
5. Consultants interested in this call must provide an Expression of Interest no longer than 10 pages, outlining proposed methodologies, references related to the execution of similar contracts, experience in similar areas, or evidence of knowledge and a proposed timeline. Brochures, CVs, and other supplementary materials submitted shall not be accounted for as part of the 10-page limit.
6. The anticipated period of performance for this consultancy is 30 man-days spread over two months. The work shall be carried out from 15th October 2021 to 30th November 2021.
7. The individual consultant shall be selected based on procedures defined in the Procurement Guidelines of FARA.
8. Interested consultants may obtain further information from FARA’s Ag. Cluster Leader, Institutional Capacity & Future Scenario, Dr. Abdulrazak Ibrahim [email@example.com], and copy the Procurement Expert, Mr. Callistus Achaab [firstname.lastname@example.org], during the following hours: 9h00 to 15h00 GMT.
Please click Download the Terms of Reference below for further information on this opportunity.
9. Expressions of Interest should be submitted electronically to [email@example.com] and addressed to Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director of FARA, No 9 Flower Avenue, New Achimota, Mile 7, Accra, Ghana, no later than Wednesday, 20th October 2021, at 14h00 GMT. Tel: +233 302 772823/744888
10. FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Recruitment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability, or health status.
Executive Director of FARA