REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
|Consulting Services:||Recruitment of a Junior Consultant to develop a virtual architectural design as input to the Common African Agro-Parks (CAAPs) Programme communication materials|
|Name of Project:||FARA/CAAPs|
|Activity Ref No:||CAAPs Activity 0.3.4|
|Date:||Tuesday, September 06, 2022|
|Submission deadline:||Tuesday, September 20, 2022|
- The Common African Agro-Parks Programme (CAAPs) was initiated in 2019 as one of the concrete initiatives of the Comprehensive African Agricultural Programme (CAADP) to be implemented within the framework of the African Union (AU) Agenda 2063 for achieving the CAADP Malabo commitments, especially the one on “tripling Intra-African trade for agricultural commodities and services.
CAAPs emerged from the major recommendations of the Inaugural CAADP-Biennial Review (BR) Report presented to the 2018 AU Assembly of Heads of States, where recommendations were formulated for the AU Commission to initiate continental actions that shall aim at: i)- boosting regional trade for agricultural commodities by increasing locally processing of key agricultural products and their respective value chains; ii)- promoting and facilitating increased consumption of locally and regionally produced agricultural commodities; iii) -achieving self-sufficiency and lowest possible importation of key agriculture commodities in Africa, and iv)-stimulating local and regional private sector investments in agriculture. The implementation of the CAAPs will help Africa to take over the African Food Import Market of about USD50 billion per annum that is currently outsourced to the rest of the world.
The CAAPs is coordinated by the AU Commission through the Agriculture, Rural Development, Blue Economy and Sustainable Environment (ARBE); the Economic Development, Trade, Industry and Mining (ETIM) in partnership with the Secretariat of the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA); – African Export-Import Bank (Afrexim Bank); and the Forum for Agriculture Research in Africa (FARA).
These core institutions are steering the coordination of the CAAPs through two major organs: the CAAPs Steering Committee (CAAP-SC) and the Technical Coordination Team (the CAAPs-TCT), with the CAAPs-Secretariat hosted at FARA.
As part of the technical coordination of the CAAPs-Programme, the CAAPs-Secretariat intends to strengthen its mechanisms for communication and advocacy to support engagements at all levels. To this end, the FARA Secretariat wishes to engage the services of a junior consultant to:
- develop virtual architectural impressions and 3D models of CAAPs infrastructure and associated flythroughs
- deploy (a) above to support the development of a CAAPs communication video built on audiovisual comments and interviews from CAAPs Leaders and agro-industrial parks stakeholders.
- The overall objective of the assignment is to prepare a virtual architectural design of the CAAPs infrastructure model and facilitate the application of this design/model to advance the communication and visibility of CAAPs.
- The Executive Director of FARA invites interested Junior Consultants to express interest in carrying out this assignment.
- Consultants interested in this call must provide an Expression of Interest no longer than 10 pages, outlining proposed methodologies, references related to the execution of similar contracts, experience in similar areas, or evidence of knowledge and a proposed timeline. Brochures, CVs, and other supplementary materials submitted shall not be accounted for as part of the 10-page limit.
- This consultancy’s anticipated performance period is 25 man-days spread over three months. The work is expected to be carried out from the 3rd of October 2022 to the 30th of December 2022.
- The individual consultant shall be selected based on procedures defined in the Procurement Guidelines of FARA.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information from the CAAPs Programme Coordinator, Anselme Vodounhessi [[email protected]], and copy the Knowledge Management, Communication and Learning Cluster Leader, Mr. Benjamin Abugri [[email protected]], during the following hours: 9h00 to 15h00 GMT.
Please download the Terms of Reference below for further information on this opportunity.
- Expressions of Interest should be submitted electronically to [[email protected]] and addressed to Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director of FARA, No 7 Flower Avenue, New Achimota, Mile 7, Accra, Ghana, no later than Tuesday, 20th September 2022, at 14h00 GMT. Tel: +233 302 772823/744888
- FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Recruitment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability, or health status.
Executive Director of FARA